Monday, December 6, 2010

Hello World.

Lately, I have been reading a lot of blogs and today I decided I would start my own. So here goes my blogging trial run.
I graduated in May 2010 from Oklahoma State University. After traveling to Chile with the Oklahoma Agriculture Leadership Encounter (OALE), I started working for the Oklahoma Cooperative Extension Services in Caddo County as an Extension Educator in July.
At the time of graduation, I wasn't sure if I was going to find a job. I moved back to my hometown in May and lived with my parents for about 4 months before purchasing a house and moving to Hinton, OK. Because I work for a county agency, I had to move with in the county boarders. So, my 2-year-old dog, Lucy, and I made the move to Caddo County.


Finally, the county and state fairs were over and Lucy and I were getting settled into our new house. There were a lot of updates to do and instead of cleaning the toilet... I choose to purchase a new one. Thankfully, my dad, grandpa and brother live close enough they were able to help me with this task (and by "help", I mean they did it without my "help!)

Working in Extension, I have realized that it is going to take a full year before I really know what is going on. Planning events and activities are fun, but there is always something that "newbys" seem to forget. Luckily, I have two great secretaries that are always willing to help me out and make sure I have the things I need. Thank you Pat and Brinda!

Of course like any proud OSU alum, I attend every home football game there is. This year was exeptionally fun and very different from the passed years. My best friend and former roommate, Cami, is in vet school at OSU and other best friend, Brody, is getting his master's in Animal Science. Every weekend, we would tailgate with my family and go to the game. I even sat in the student section most of the time... which was fun... but not near as fun as when I was there for my undergrad. Things change! My favorite part of the game is singing the alma mater ... Proud and Immortal! Go State!

Thanksgiving was extremely hectic around Caddo County. Seems like there was a million things to do and not enough time to do them in and to top it off... I was sick 5 days before Thanksgiving got here. Needless to say... my contribution to Thanksgiving lunch didnt go as planned (and by planned, I mean they didnt happen at all!) After searching the paper for the best deals, I decided that I wanted to buy a new T.V. and refridgerator and because now that its MY money... I am a bit more careful than I was when it was "Mom and Daddy's money." Mom, Dad and I got up at 3:45 a.m. and was at Walmart in Anadarko by 4:45 and was the FIRST in line for my new T.V. I finally got a "big girl" T.V. that fits perfect on my T.V. stand. and my new fridge looks great too! and Again, so glad I have my family close to help me get new things for my house! Thanks Mom and Daddy!

Christmas season is finally upon us and my house is ready to go! Tree is up, stockings are hung and presents are wrapped. All that is missing is me living in my house! I have had bit of a problem getting Centerpoint Energy to my house to turn on my gas... so until this happens... Looks like I will be slumbering with the parentals, which isnt too bad because they have great food and it's warm! BONUS!

Last week, I went to see Trans Siberian Orchestra in concert and this weekend I am going to the Oklahoma City Ballet performance of "The Nutcracker!" I just first have to make it through this work week. Share-the-Fun is scheduled for Wednesday and a Holiday In-Service on Friday and I am home free for the ballet.

Happy Monday!

1 comment:

  1. Glad you are blogging! Love the Christmas ornament pic!

    ReplyDelete