Friday, January 10, 2014

#childrenwithhairloss

Well, I finally did it. I marked the first thing off of my 2014 To-Do List!

My mom has always told me that I had enough hair for a few different people and she is right. I am not trying to brag here... it takes forever to dry and style. The best thing to remember is it is just hair. It will grow back.

I have been planning this since May 2012 and a couple of weeks ago I decided it was time for the hair to go! I was a little... or maybe a lot nervous to cut it off. I think I was more concerned with the amount of hair I was donating. To donate, the hair must be at least 8 inches long. However, I wanted to donate the most that I could, but also didn't want a super short bob either. Luckily, I had an awesome group of hair stylist that fixed me up. 

Donating is super easy. Just a few steps to follow: 


  • Hair should be at least 8 inches in length or longer is preferred.
  • Hair must be clean and dry, pony-tailed and/or braided (this keeps the hair in one direction).
  • Place rubberband or pony tail holder on each end.
  • Non-chemically treated hair is preferred (but any hair in good condition will be accepted).
  • Gray hair is accepted.
  • Place donation form and hair in ziplock bag and mail to Children with Hair Loss
  • Donors are given a certificate in appreciation for their kindness.
Connect with Children With Hair Loss ::
Like them on Facebook
Follow them on Twitter
Make a monetary donation













No comments:

Post a Comment