Tuesday, July 24, 2012

Countdown Freedom

Today marks the beginning of my last event as the Caddo County 4-H Extension Educator.

Oklahoma State 4-H Round-Up is one of my favorite 4-H events for many reasons, but the main one being that it is held at my favorite place on earth. If you are thinking Stillwater, Okla., then you are 100% correct! We are housed on the beautiful Oklahoma State University campus. And, better yet, right across the street from the building where I spent my first two years of college.

I absolutely loved living in Village CASNR. I met most of my best friends there and I can't help but tell my students of the time when Big Bryce pulled Cami and Katy on the desk chairs, the hours and hours we spent roping the roping dummy in the living room and even the time Cami, Jen, Katy, Brody and I got stuck in the elevator.
This would be the desk chair pulling incident.
Living room roping lessons. 
I can't believe those days were almost six years ago. It still seems like yesterday and hard to believe that I have been graduated for two years now. Being back on campus brings back a lot of good memories. From Ag Hall to the Graduate College at Whitehurst to Boone Pickens Stadium, it is easy to say this place holds a very special place in my heart.

It is safe to say that I took those days in Village CASNR for granted ... when life revolved around class, studying and going to the Tumbleweed on Thursday nights. I was so ready to graduate that I didn't stop to think about how life would change outside of the 74074. I didn't think that there would ever be a day that I had to go to lunch alone, a day where I had to schedule time to have dinner with my best friends or a day when bills, insurance, taxes, pregnancies and children were the topic of most conversations. Your friends can't come over at the drop of the hat anymore, you live more than an hour away from most friends and there is a little thing called a job that you have to show up to everyday. Yes, it is easy to say that I took college life for granted.
Fit Banquet- April 2007

Waiting for the gates to open for Bedlam 2008! 
Football 101- Fall 2009
Rugby Game- Fall 2009


Now, as I get ready to go back to school at SWOSU, I know that the college life I once lived and loved isn't going to be the same at all. However, I vow to make the most of this experience and enjoy my time at SWOSU. I will try to stay away from countdowns and focus on really embracing the SWOSU college experience.

For those of you who know me, you know that I am the queen of countdowns. I have one for EVERYTHING! I even have a countdowns for other people. Seriously. There is an app for that.
Jess graduates in 283 days.
Lori is due with Tate in 16 days.
Katy is due with Chisum in 20 days.
Christmas is in 153 days.
My birthday is in 264 days.

See what I mean about everything? This is going to be hard. But, I am happy to accepted as a challenge for the next nine months.

I can do this.



1 comment:

  1. Bahahaha I LOVE that you have a countdown for baby Tate! I should have asked you yesterday when I was trying to figure out how many days I had left! I am so excited for you to attend SWOSU!! Love you!

    ReplyDelete