Saturday, July 21, 2012

Like a tourist ...

This week, my co-worker asked me if I would like to join the Caddo County OHCE ladies on a tour of the Lawton-Ft. Sill area. Like any good employee, I was eager to spend the day in the field... and out of the office too.
The day was hot to say the least. 108 to be exact. Thankfully, we had a air conditioned bus and a nice bus driver who started the bus a few minutes before we left each stop to get it cooled down and ready to go.
We spent the morning at the Holy City. The Holy City of the Wichita's is located on the Wichita Mountains Wildlife Refuge. Our tour guide gave us a nice history on the place and we even saw a couple of Mountain Boomers, which for those of you who don't know are basically little lizards. I had no idea what they were until I almost stepped on one. I named him Ernie.
After Holy City, we went to the Wildlife Refuge and then to lunch at the Old Plantation in Medicine Park.
Medicine Park might just be my favorite place on earth. It is quite quaint. It makes me feel like I am not really in Oklahoma... expect the heat reminds me that I am. After lunch, we spent a few minutes around the water and visiting with the ladies until it was time to head to Lawton to go to a couple of museums. I even saw a buffalo... it was dead and cost $50 to take a picture of it. Lucky for me, I had already taken two pictures of it when they told us the cost. Needless to say, I had to share my pictures.



No comments:

Post a Comment