Tuesday, October 9, 2012

The Pumpkin Project

Things I love:

  • Fall
  • Pumpkin
  • PINK
  • Glitter

This list is a bit limited, but you get the picture. Fall is probably my most favorite time of the year. Coffee, leggings, boots, apple cider, pumpkin spice everything, scarves, sweaters... whats not to love?

I went to the local walmart yesterday to get a few supplies to decorate for fall. Of course, I went straight to the pumpkins. I had been looking on pinterest for ideas to dress up pumpkins a little. I found a ton of new ideas, but couldn't get passed the GLITTER pumpkins. So, I set out with an idea ... However, this would prove to be a bit more of a challenge than I anticipated. Pumpkins are round, which means the glue runs, which means glitter polka dots end up looking more like glitter oval dots... but crafting is all about rolling with it, right? (Pun most definitely intended! haha)

Alright, all you need for this little project is pumpkins, a foam paintbrush and GLITTER!
Step 1. Paint the pumpkin with the glue.
Step 2. Sprinkle on the glitter.
Step 3. Let the glitter sit for a few minutes.
Step 4. Shake off excess glitter.
Step 5. Post a picture on Facebook, instagram, twitter, blog about it, etc. ;)


I opted to go outside the glitter box and spray painted one pumpkin. Sidenote: Spray painting is another one of the things I love. Anyways, I did two coats of spray paint and let it set for 10 minutes or so before painting on some glue and adding a little glitter.

FAVORITE!
Finished Pumpkin Display for Night 1! 

No comments:

Post a Comment