Okay, so not really the academy ... But, instaed the wonderful ShaeKen! She nominated me for the Leibster award. How exciting! Thank you glitter pal for life!! If you are looking for a laugh, you definitely need to check out her blog. Talk about funny! :)
The award does come with a few rules, as follows:
List 11 facts about yourself.
Answer the questions given to you.
Create new questions for the bloggers you nominate for the award.
Choose bloggers with 200 or less followers to nominate.
Go to each blogger's page and let her know about the award.
Thank the person who nominated you and link back to their blog.
2. I love my dog more than some people.
3. I love photography.
4. I love crafts. And sewing.
5. I believe "the bigger the hair, the closer to God."
6. I am easily overwhelmed.
7. I have fabulous parents, grandparents and brother.
8. Felt cowboy hats are my weakness.
9. I would wear boots all the time if I could get away with it.
10. Stockshow season is my favorite time of the year.
11. I love traveling and window shopping.
Who are three people you'd like to have a one-hour conversation with?
Miranda Lambert, Randa Yezak of Southern Jewlz and Jesus, of course.
What makes your favorite school/team better than the rest?
Well, there is homecoming walkarounds, Theta Pond, Boone Pickens Stadium, The Strip, Ag Hall, Animal Science, America's Brightest Orange, The Walk, Bullet, Pistol Pete, The Orange Fountain, Tailgates, Friendly People, Awesome Professors and of course Cowboys! ;) I think this pretty much says it all ...
What's your favorite way to relax?
My favorite way to relax is simple. To do nothing. Absolutely nothing. Just sitting in silence and letting my mind shut down for a few minutes. After some me time, I will either craft, read, watch movies and sometimes I even eat ice cream, which is not my favorite thing at all, but when I am stressed ice cream is where it is at!
Do you wear jewelry? If so, what are things you must wear every day?
Yes, I do (when I remember) wear my OSU class ring, another silver ring, watch and most typically a cross necklace. My new currently favorite thing is bubble necklaces! I think I am up to five currently, but I NEED more!
Heels or flats, or other? If other, explain :)
Tough one. If you would have asked me even a year ago, I would have said heels all the way. But, now I would probably say flats. Actually, I am more of a boots kind of girl ... boots and jeans/leggings and boots ... I am fine with either.
What do you do for work, or, if you're still in school, what are you studying/going to be "when you grow up"?
I am currently back in school full time to finish my masters in business admin with emphasis in marketing and management. I graduate in 121 days, PS! :)) I have no idea what I want to be "when I grow up!" I am hoping that will come to before my 121 days are up at SWOSU or maybe I will actually start working a little harder on that MRS degree! ;)
What is your favorite movie? Why should I see it? (I'm trying to expand my horizons here, ya'll)
I am one of those girls that has multiple favorites of everything, but I will limit this post to my top five.
1. Top Gun. Men in uniform. Enough said.
2. Rio Bravo. I just love John Wayne!
3. The Holiday. I love this one around the holidays, obviously. Heeeeeey, Jude Law.
4. Remember the Titans. "because I love football. Football is fun, sir?!"
5. A Walk to Remember. I love this one more because of the person I first saw it with rather than the movie itself! The book is ten times better than the movie!
Where is your favorite place to eat, and what do you order?
Again, I am terrible with limiting things to just one, so top three.
1. Texas Roadhouse. BBQ Chicken, mashed potatoes and salad. Delish.
2. Taco Bell. Soft Taco. There was a Taco Bell right by the studio where I danced at when I was growing up. I had dance class four nights for most of my teen years and I ate at Taco Bell at least twice a week. I would prefer Taco Bell to most places if I had my way! haha
3. Alfredo's or Ted's. Taco Dinner. Yes, I love tacos!
Have you ever broken a bone? If so, which one(s)?
Oh man, this might take a while. Well, when I was a sophomore in HS, I broke my wrist at cheer camp and later that year, I broke my left foot. But, didn't tell anyone about it for about a year and half. And, then three days before Christmas 2009, I broke my right foot. And, one broken pinky finger.
What was your favorite toy as a child?
My Baby Pam was my favorite toy, hands down. I carried her everywhere with me. I actually still have her. She is awesome.
Do you have any pets? What kind?
I have a dog named, Lucy aka The Frilly Farm Dog. She is precious. Seriously.
Also, I have a dog named Letta, who is pretty much the best dog ever. She is actually my mom's dog, except when I am home then she is my buddy. We have been through a lot together. One tore MCL, two broken feet, one foot surgery, one wrist surgery and one broken pinky ... and she was right beside me the whole time.
We also have a yorkie named Abbie and a black lab named Mattie.
Katy from Farms, Pearls and Baby, Oh My!
Lori from On the Go with Lori Jo
Megan the Small Town Girl
Karolyn from Wild At Heart
1. If you could do any thing for a day, what would it be?
2. What is your favorite snack?
3. Favorite Sport?
4. Is the glass half empty or half full?
5. Favorite memory from 2012?
6. What is your favorite past time?
7. Who is your favorite singer/band to listen to?
8. Be honest. Do you pretend you are a famous rockstar when you are alone in your car?
9. Do you believe in retail therapy?
10. Do you make list when you go to the grocery store or just wing it?
11. What do you do when you need a little extra motivation/inspiration?